Work permit holders (except Bulgarian and Romanian nationals)
Technical changes of employment
This page explains how an employer can notify us of a technical change of employment relating to a current work permit. This guidance does not apply to General Agreement on Trade in Services (GATS) and Student Internships.
A technical change of employment is a minor change to the details relating to a current work permit - for example, a change of name following marriage, or a change to your business address.
If you want to notify us of a technical change of employment, you should inform us by completing the notification of technical change of employment form. You can download this form and the guidance notes from the right side of this page.
We will not accept notifications of change by letter.
You must send the completed form to:
UK Border Agency
PO Box 499
If there are significant changes to the employee's job, or if you want to employ a work permit holder who is currently working for another employer, they will need to have permission to work under Tier 2 of the points-based system, unless they are working as a senior care worker.
Application fee for work permit technical changes of employment
The fee for notifying us of a technical change of employment is £22.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Approved English language tests for partners
- Immigration Rule changes - Armed Forces
- New premium services announced
- New visa application customer satisfaction survey
- Notification of technical change of employment for employees on work permitsPDF 369KB opens in a new window
- Technical changes of employment guidancePDF 33KB opens in a new window