Tier 2 (General)
Bringing your family
This section explains how you can include your family members (dependants) in your application under the points-based system, and covers who is eligible as a dependant, who can work and how they should apply.
If you are now settled or have British citizenship and your most recent permission to stay was under Tier 2, your family members must apply as the dependants of a Tier 2 migrant if they do not yet qualify for settlement.
In this section:
Dependants of Tier 1, 2 and 5 migrants of the points-based system - for applications made inside the UK
- Application form for Tier 1, 2 and 5 dependants of points-based systemPDF 479KB opens in a new window
- Policy guidance on dependants of points-based system migrantsPDF 405KB opens in a new window
- Help text for dependants of points-based system Tier 1, 2 and 5 applicantsPDF 357KB opens in a new window
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Approved English language tests for partners
- Immigration Rule changes - Armed Forces
- New premium services announced
- New visa application customer satisfaction survey