Tier 1 (Exceptional talent)
Conditions of your stay
This page explains the conditions of your stay while you are in the UK under Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) of the points-based system.
While you are here:
- you will have no access to state benefits or other public funds; and
- you must not be employed as a doctor or dentist in training or as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
You must register with the police if:
- your total stay in the UK will be more than 6 months; and
- you are a national of a country listed in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules.
You will not be allowed to enter or stay in the UK if the designated competent body that endorsed your application withdraws its endorsement.
The While you are in the UK section of this website contains general information about your rights and responsibilities as a migrant in the UK.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Upcoming PCS strike action - April 2013
- New application forms - 6 April 2013
- 6 April changes to the Immigration Rules
- Immigration fees change on 6 April 2013
- Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) policy guidance PDF 417KB opens in a new window