Tier 1 (Exceptional talent)
Conditions of your stay
This page explains the conditions of your stay while you are in the UK under Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) of the points-based system.
While you are here:
- you will have no access to state benefits or other public funds; and
- you must not be employed as a doctor or dentist in training or as a professional sportsperson (including as a sports coach).
You must register with the police if:
- your total stay in the UK will be more than 6 months; and
- you are a national of a country listed in Appendix 2 of the Immigration Rules.
You will not be allowed to enter or stay in the UK if the designated competent body that endorsed your application withdraws its endorsement.
The While you are in the UK section of this website contains general information about your rights and responsibilities as a migrant in the UK.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Approved English language tests for partners
- Immigration Rule changes - Armed Forces
- New premium services announced
- New visa application customer satisfaction survey
- Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) policy guidance PDF 462KB opens in a new window