Parents of children at school
What documents do you need as a parent of a child at school?
This page contains information about the documents that you may want to provide to support your application to come to the UK as a parent of a child at school.If you apply for a visa, you should provide these documents with your visa application. If you travel to the UK without a visa, you should bring them with you so that you can show them to our officers at the border.
You should provide as many relevant documents as you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK. If you do not provide them, we may refuse your application.
You must decide which documents will best support your application. We advise you to consider providing documents that contain:
- information about you
- information about your finances and employment
- your accommodation and travel details
- information about your visit to the UK
You can download our supporting documents checklist from the right side of this page.
I am visiting someone in the UK. Can they give a guarantee for me?
The person who is 'sponsoring' your visit cannot give a guarantee that you will comply with the terms of your visa, or that you will leave the UK at the end of your visit.
They can help you with your application and provide you with the relevant supporting documents listed in our guidance, but you must provide these documents to us yourself.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Change to family visitor appeals
- New application forms - 6 April 2013
- 6 April changes to the Immigration Rules
- Immigration fees change on 6 April 2013
Policy & Law
- Supporting documents guidance - visitors and direct airside transitPDF 228KB opens in a new window