Visitors for private medical treatment
What documents do you need as a visitor for private medical treatment?
This page contains information about the documents that you may want to provide to support your application to come to the UK as a visitor for private medical treatment.
If you apply for a visa, you should provide these documents with your visa application. If you travel to the UK without a visa, you should bring them with you so that you can show them to our officers at the border.
You should provide as many relevant documents as you can to show that you qualify for entry to the UK. If you do not provide them, we may refuse your application.
You must decide which documents will best support your application. We advise you to consider providing documents that contain:
- information about you
- information about your finances and employment
- your accommodation and travel details
- information about your visit to the UK
You can download our supporting documents checklist from the right side of this page.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Change to family visitor appeals
- 6 April changes to the Immigration Rules
- New application forms - 6 April 2013
- Immigration fees change on 6 April 2013
Policy & Law
- Supporting documents guidance - visitors and direct airside transitPDF 228KB opens in a new window