Latest news and updates
London visa fraud investigation- eight charged
17 October 2012
Following our operation yesterday (Tuesday 16 October) which involved raids on 9 separate addresses in north and north-west London, 8 men have now been charged with conspiring to defraud the Home Office.
1) Faisal Sultan (aged 31) arrested at an address in Church Lane, Brent
2) Sheeraz Sultan (32) arrested at an address in Church Lane, Brent
3) Shahzad Sultan (35) arrested at an address in Church Lane, Brent
4) Shankar Bhandari (34) arrested at an address in Swanage Waye, Hayes
5) Devashish Shah, Indian national, (32) arrested at an address in St Pauls Avenue, Harrow
6) Hafiz Ullah (32) arrested at an address in North Road, Southall
7) Fida Hussain (32) arrested at an address in North Road, Southall
8) Mahtab Choudhary (30) arrested at an address in Mortimer Crescent, Kilburn
They are all expected to appear before Hendon Magistrates today, Wednesday 17 October.
The arrests, carried out by our West London criminal and financial investigation team, were the latest phase of a year-long investigation into what is believed to have been a conspiracy to assist migrants to fraudulently obtain visas.
Our West London criminal and financial investigation team is a specialist unit of police officers seconded from the Metropolitan Police working alongside warranted our officers to investigate organised immigration crime.
Anyone with information about suspected immigration abuse can contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 anonymously or complete the Report immigration crime form.