Latest news and updates
Details of changes to student visas
31 March 2011
A statement of changes to the Immigration Rules has today been laid before Parliament, setting out how the student visa system will be reformed from next month. The reforms, which affect Tier 4 of the points-based system, were announced last week.
To accompany the statement of changes in the Immigration Rules bringing the first set of changes into force from 21 April 2011, we have published:
- a statement of intent containing full details of the reforms;
- revised policy guidance for Tier 4 migrants from 21 April 2011; and
- revised guidance for Tier 4 sponsors from 21 April 2011.
The laying of the statement of changes was anounced in a written ministerial statement by Immigration Minister Damian Green.
You can download the statement of changes, the written ministerial statement, the statement of intent and the revised guidance from the right side of this page.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Student visas: statement of intent and transitional measuresPDF 154KB opens in a new window
- Written ministerial statement: statement of changes to the Immigration Rules (Tier 4)PDF 64KB opens in a new window