Terms and conditions - customer account
These terms and conditions apply to users of our apply online system and online customer account.
The purpose of a Customer Account
- The Customer Account allows the Customer Account holder ("You") to access downloadable application forms, to upload application forms, to book appointments for yourself or on behalf of other persons, and pay fees relating to applications.
- Your registration for and use of the Customer Account constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date you first register for a Customer Account.
- From time to time the UK Border Agency may amend these terms and conditions or the functions available to you in the Customer Account. Amendments to the Terms and Conditions will be placed on the UK Border Agency website. By accessing and using a Customer Account you are taken to agree to these terms and conditions and in the event they are amended and you continue to access and use a Customer Account you will be taken to agree to the amended terms and conditions. Do not register for, or access a, Customer Account if you do not agree with the Terms and Conditions.
- You can view the Customer Account terms and conditions at any time by following the terms and conditions link on the UK Border Agency Apply Online services webpage.
Creating a Customer Account
- To create a Customer Account you are required to register your username, email address, a password and a memorable word. You also register a valid telephone number in case the UK Border Agency needs to contact you. These details are stored securely by the UK Border Agency.
- The UK Border Agency may use your registered details to send communications and notifications to you about booked appointments, including cancellation. Where a telephone number is provided you may be sent a message to remind you of an appointment booked through the Customer Account, in other cases you may be contacted by the email address registered to the Customer Account.
- You should regularly check your email account, and where relevant your telephone, for communications from the UK Border Agency.
- You are responsible for ensuring that up to date contact details are maintained within the Customer Account at all times in order to take advantage of this service.
- You can change your password, e-mail address, memorable word and telephone number on the UK Border Agency Apply Online Customer Account website. This process will only change the details registered to the Customer Account. It will not constitute change to any contact details otherwise provided by you to the UK Border Agency.
- If you forget your password or memorable word you will be able to reset them.
- The UK Border Agency reserves the right to deny you access to a Customer Account and any related service.
- This service is intended for the use of individuals wishing to book appointments for their own use or on behalf of those persons they represent. Where a person books an appointment for their own use, they must indicate that they will be attending the appointment. Where an appointment is booked on behalf of another person, the name of the person attending the appointment must be specified at the time that the appointment is booked.
- Appointments will only be held with the person who is booked to attend the appointment. The name of the person attending the appointment cannot be altered, and the appointment cannot be transferred to another person.
- If the person who attends the appointment is not the person named at the time that the application was booked, then the appointment will be cancelled.
- The speculative booking of appointments, and the block booking of appointments is not permitted. Any individual or organisation found to be engaged in the speculative or block booking of appointments either manually or by using a computer programme will be prevented from using this service henceforth.
- Appointments that are speculatively or block booked and then either transferred or sold will not be honoured and will be cancelled.
- You agree to ensure that your login details are kept secure and not disclosed to a third party.
- If you are using a shared computer (for example an Internet cafe) you should:
- Clear any details from the computer
- Never click YES when asked if you want the computer to remember/ save your username and/ or password
- Do not save any information to the local disk, if you do you should ensure that the information is removed before you leave the computer.
- If you suspect that someone else has or is using your details you should change your password immediately.
- The UK Border Agency does not warrant or represent that the functions of the Customer Account will be uninterrupted or error free. In no event will the UK Border Agency be liable for any expense, loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with the use of the Customer Account. Any information which you transmit to the UK Border Agency is transmitted at your own risk.
- Information provided by you to register for the Customer Account will be stored by the UK Border Agency. The UK Border Agency will use this information for the purposes of communication with you. The Home Office reserves the right to gather information relating to site usage. Any information gathered is primarily for internal use to allow us to refine and improve our customer service. We may disclose information to third parties for the purposes of the prevention and detection of crime and to appropriate Government Departments and public bodies.
- Payments made through the site are handled by RBS WorldPay, who receive a reference number unique to your application from the UK Border Agency.
- You agree to use the Customer Account only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of, this site by any third party.
- The Services may only be accessed via the interface provided by UKBA. You are not permitted to access or attempt to access, either directly or indirectly, any of the Services through any automated means (including the use of bots, scripts or web crawlers). The transmission of any program, information, code or command to cause damage to, or to alter the functioning of, any UK Border Agency program or to gain unauthorised access to UKBA data is forbidden. Any contravention of these conditions may constitute an offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990
- These terms and conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.