Visas for Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories from Ukraine
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Ukraine to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories. Our visa application centre in Ukraine accepts visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Isle of Man
- South Georgia and South Sandwich Islands
- St Kitts and St Nevis
- St Helena and Dependencies
- St Lucia
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Trinidad and Tobago
You can find out which Commonwealth countries we issue visas for by contacting VFS Global in Ukraine. You can find their contact details on the VFS Global in Ukraine website.
If you want to travel to a country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa. If you want to travel to St Kitts and Nevis, you can apply for a visa online at the St Kitts and Nevis website.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision.
How to apply
If travelling to a Commonwealth country or British overseas territory, you must make your visa application online.
You will need to print out and sign your completed online application form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.
You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.
Booking an appointment
After applying online, you must book an appointment to submit your British overseas territory visa application. To book your appointment, send an email to email@example.com (marked 'Attn: Kyiv UK Visa Application Centre manager') at least 4 weeks before you want to travel. The email must include the following details for each person:
- name and date of birth
- passport number
- online visa application reference (GWF reference)
- destination and intended travel date
The visa application centre manager will then contact you to discuss how and when to submit your application.
Paying your visa application fee
You can only pay your visa application fee in cash when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre.
You should ensure that you get a receipt when you pay the fee. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful.
For some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
The visa application centre
To complete the application process, you must book an appointment at the visa application centre in Kyiv. You must present your completed visa application form and supporting documents in person at the visa application centre. You will not be required to give your biometric data.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to the visa application centre in person, and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you pay your fee at the visa application centre, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful. You can find the address of the visa application centre on the VFS Global in Ukraine website.
When you attend your appointment, you must bring:
- the printout of your completed online visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photographs of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photograph guidance (PDF 326KB opens in a new window);
- the correct visa application fee in cash; and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document (including English translations) - the supporting documents page contains more information.
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
If you require more information about visas for the above Commonwealth countries or British overseas territories, please contact the VFS Global call centre. You can find their contact details on the VFS Global in Ukraine website.