Issued or refused a visa
What to expect if you have been issued or refused a UK visa.
If you have been issued a visa
Our information for visa holders page explains:
- what the information on your visa means, and how to check that the information is correct;
- what to do if your visa contains an error, if your journey to the UK is delayed, or if your reason for going to the UK changes;
- what your visa entitles you to do;
- which items you can bring to the UK;
- what will happen when you arrive at the UK border; and
- what to do if your passport and visa are lost or stolen, or your passport expires.
If you have been refused a visa
If we refuse your application we will give or send you a notice of refusal. This document will list the reasons for the refusal and explain your right to appeal.
If you are refused a visa under the points-based system you do not have a full right of appeal, but you can apply for an administrative review. We will not reply to a request for an administrative review unless you have made an application under the points-based system.