Visa application centre in Sudan
This page contains information about our visa application centre in Sudan. It also explains what to bring with you and what will happen when you attend your appointment at a visa application centre.
Unless you are exempt from enrolling your biometric information, you must book and attend an appointment at the visa application centre as part of your application. The Booking an appointment page contains more information.
UK Border Agency address
(off Sharia Al Baladiya St.)
P.O. Box 801
Information for customers with disabilities
There is currently no disabled access to the UK Border Agency at the British Embassy in Khartoum. There is a wide booth available for wheelchair users who need to provide biometric information.
- The UK Border Agency at the British Embassy is open for application submission Sunday to Wednesday 08:30 - 12:30 and Thursday 08:30 - 10:30.
- The UK Border Agency at the British Embassy is open for passport collection Sunday to Wednesday 13:00 - 14:00 and Thursday 12:00 - 13:00.
- The UK Border Agency at the British Embassy is open for enquiries Sunday to Wednesday 14:00 - 15:00 and Thursday 13:00 - 14:00.
What will happen when you attend your appointment?
When you attend your appointment, you will:
- need to arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment (if you are late you will need to reschedule);
- submit a printout of your online visa application form and your supporting documents;
- pay your visa application fee; and
- enrol your biometric information. The Biometric information page describes the requirements for enrolling this information.
What should you bring with you?
When you attend your appointment, you should bring:
- a signed printout of your completed form;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements in photograph guidance - you can download this guidance from the right side of this page;
- your visa application fee; and
- any supporting documents that are relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document including English translations; and
- any previous passports which show evidence of foreign travel.
Your passport must contain at least 1 page that is blank on both sides, so that your visa vignette (sticker) can be inserted.
Paying your fee
You must pay your visa application fee in sudan pounds (cash) at the visa application centre.
When will we return your passport?
We will retain your passport until we have made a decision on your visa application. You should remember this when you make your travel arrangements, particularly if you plan to visit other countries before going to the UK.
If you need to collect your passport before a visa decision has been made, your visa application will be withdrawn. Please note that the visa fee is non-refundable, and if you would like to reapply for a visa you will need to lodge another application, submit your biometric data, and pay the visa fee once again.
Urgent and compassionate cases
You should inform a member of staff at the visa application centre if your application is urgent and there are compassionate reasons for travel. We only accept urgent and compassionate cases in very few circumstances and you must provide evidence - see 'More information' below.
It is a serious crime to make false statements, or submit false information or documents, when applying to enter or remain in the UK.
Before you sign your application form, you must ensure that the information on the form is correct and your supporting documents are genuine and unaltered. Our officers in the UK and overseas are highly trained to detect fraud.
If you provide false information, documents or passports, or if you lie or withhold information in support of your application, we will refuse the application and you will face serious consequences. You could:
- be banned from entering the UK for 10 years;
- be removed from the UK, if you are already here;
- be charged with a crime, which could lead to a prison sentence or a fine; and
- receive a permanent record of fraud on the UK Border Agency database.
It is better to explain why you do not have a document than to submit a false document.
Urgent and compassionate cases
We only accept applications as urgent and compassionate in the following circumstances:
- serious illness or death of an immediate family member (the applicant's mother, father, brother, sister, husband, wife, son or daughter); or
- emergency medical treatment which includes people who need to travel with you for support (for example, a parent caring for an ill child).
News & updates
- Photograph guidance for applications made outside the UKPDF 334KBopens in a new window