Visas for Commonwealth countries and British Overseas Territories from the Russian Federation
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from the Russian Federation to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories. Our visa application centres in Russia accept visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- Antigua and Barbuda - no visa required for a stay of up to one month
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Commonwealth of Dominica
- Falkland Islands
- Grenada - no visa required if visit does not exceed 3 months
- Kiribati (Kiribass)
- St Lucas
- Trinidad & Tobago - no visa required for tourism or business trips up to 3 months
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn . All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts. If you want to travel to any other country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling and forwarding applications on behalf of other countries.
How to apply
If travelling to a British overseas territory or Commonwealth country, you must
- complete and submit a visa application form; and
- visit one of our visa application centres.
You can only apply online.
When you apply online, you will need to print out and sign your completed form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number. As part of your online application, you can use the appointment calendar to book an appointment at the visa application centre.
You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.
Paying your visa application fee
From 13 February 2012 you can only pay your visa application fee by online payment using the online visa application system. Only Visa and MasterCard credit and debit cards are accepted. You cannot pay using any other methods.
For some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, visa applications need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit, a charge will be made for this. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
The visa application centre
You must present your completed visa application form and supporting documents in person at the visa application centres in Moscow, St Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Novosibirsk and Rostov-on-bon. You will not be required to give your biometric data.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to one of the visa application centres in person, and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you pay your fee at the visa application centre, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful.
When you attend your appointment, you must bring:
- the printout of your completed online visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months' validity on your passport at the time you apply for a visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photographs of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photograph guidance - you can download this guidance from the right side of this page; and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document (including English translations) - the supporting documents page contains more information.
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
Do it online
News & updates
- Photograph guidance for applications made outside the UKPDF 334KBopens in a new window