Supporting documents for Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories in the Philippines
This page lists the supporting documents that you must provide if you are applying for a visa to travel from the Philippines, Palau, the Marshall Islands or Micronesia to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories.
Recommended supporting documents
- A valid passport or refugee travel document containing at least 1 page which is blank on both sides, so that your visa can be inserted - your passport should be signed by you, and the name and signature should correspond to the details given on your visa application form
- Your previous passport(s), if applicable
- Evidence of funds (bank book or detailed bank statements)
- Evidence of employment/studies
- Evidence of reservations (you are advised not to purchase your ticket until your visa has been issued)
- Evidence of purpose of visit (for example - letter of invitation).
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photographs of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photograph guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page.
If you are applying for a visa for a business trip, you should provide the documents above plus:
- a letter or fax from your employer stating the purpose of your journey
- an invitation letter or fax
In both cases, the letter or fax must be in English if a referral is required.
News & updates
- Photograph guidance for applications made outside the UKPDF 334KBopens in a new window