Gerry's additional services in Pakistan
This page describes the additional services that are available from our commercial partner, Gerry's, to visa applicants in Pakistan.
These services are optional, and are available for a fee in addition to your visa application fee. If you want to use them, you must pay the fee when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre. You can find more information about these services on the Gerry's in Pakistan website.
Priority visa service
If you meet the criteria below, you can use our priority visa service. This means that your visa application will be processed ahead of all others; it does not guarantee that your visa will be issued. We aim to process priority visa applications within 5 working days.
The fee for the service is RS 8,760 in addition to the visa application fee. We will not refund either the visa application fee or the priority visa fee if your application is refused or takes longer than 5 working days to process.
To be eligible for the priority visa service, you must:
- be applying for a UK visit visa; and
- not have an adverse immigration history - see below; and
- apply online as normal, and when prompted, select priority Visas from the dropdown menu. You will be asked to pay for the served when you arrive at the visa application centre;
If you are not applying for a visit visa, or if you have an adverse immigration history, then we will not treat your application as a priority visa. We will still process it within our service standards for processing UK visa applications.
Examples of an adverse immigration history are if you have:
- previously been refused a visa for the UK;
- previously been refused permission to enter the UK;
- previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK;
- overstayed a period of leave in the UK
- been refused permission to stay (known as 'leave to remain') in the UK by the Home Office;
- been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the USA or the Schengen countries; and/or
- been convicted of a criminal offence in any country.
Gerry's offers an SMS service which updates you on the progress of your UK visa application. It will send an automated message to your mobile phone at various stages of the visa application process. This is followed up by an automated message to your email address, telling you about your visa application's status.
The SMS service is available in English and Urdu.
Photograph service (only in Islamabad, Lahore and Mirpur)
Photos meet the UK Border Agency's photo specification.
Premium lounge service
This service includes:
- a 'meet and assist' service at the reception of the visa application centre
- a dedicated lounge for UK visa applicants who choose the new personalized service for the submission of their visa applications and passports for processing
- fast convenient and comfortable visa application submission
- free SMS alert on the status of your application
Prime time service
You may submit your application outside the normal operating hours at the visa application centres in Karachi and Lahore. Applications are by appointment only between 17:00 and 19:00, Monday to Friday.
The prime time service costs 2500 PKR (including taxes) in addition to your visa application fee.
This service will not affect the processing time of your application.
You can make an appointment by calling our call centre PTCL landline 090010411 or mobile 8865 and from the UK 0871 7043005.