Visas for British Overseas Territory from Malaysia
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Malaysia to British overseas territories. Our visa application centre in Malaysia accepts visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- Ascension (St.Helena)
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Pitcairn Island
- South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
- Sovereign Base Areas in Cyprus
- Turks & Caicos Islands
- Tristan da Cunha
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn. All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts. If you want to travel to any other country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee . We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision. In some circumstances a country may choose to charge an additional fee if they have to correspond with you directly.
How to apply
If travelling to a British overseas territory, you must complete and submit a visa application form. You must complete and submit the application form online
You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.
- You should submit 1 visa application for each individual applying for a visa, including children.
- Please print all the pages of the visa application form and bring it to the visa application centre. You should print your completed visa application form on good quality paper and ensure that the information does extend beyond the margins on the paper. Please make sure the bar code appears on the final pages of your printed visa application form and remember to sign it.
- When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.
Paying your visa application fee
You must pay your visa application fee online, in US dollars, using either a Visa card or MasterCard. In addition to credit cards, a debit card or pre-paid card bearing the Visa or MasterCard logos are accepted. Other methods of payment will not be accepted
For some British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
Visa application centre
To complete the application process, you can:
- walk in to the visa application centre and submit your application; or
- send your application to the visa application centre by courier (see Paying your visa application fee for payment method).
You must bring or send us the following documents:
- the printout of your completed onlinevisa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photo guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page
- the correct visa application fee ( See payment method); and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document (including English translations) - the Supporting documents page contains more information.
We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful.
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
If you require more information about visas for the above British overseas territories, please contact the VFS Global call centre. You can find their details on the VFS Global in Malaysia website.
Do it online
News & updates
- Photograph guidancePDF 634KBopens in a new window