Visas for Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories from Kuwait
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Kuwait to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories. Our visa application centre in Kuwait accepts visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- St Helena and Dependencies
(Ascension Island & Tristan da Cunha)
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Pitcairn Island
- British Antarctic Territory
- ritish Indian Ocean Territory
- South Georgia and South Sandwich
You can contact the VFS Global call centre to find out which Commonwealth countries we issue visas for.
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn. All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts. If you want to travel to any other country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision.
How to apply
If travelling to a Commonwealth country or British overseas territory, you must complete and submit a visa application form online.
When you apply online, you will need to print out and sign your completed form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later.
When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.
You can find the online application from under 'Do it online' on the right hand side of this page.
Paying your visa application fee
All vis application fees must be paid for online in US Dollars using Visa or MasterCard debit or credit cards or via e-wallet (Skrill). Please ensure you have sufficient funds available before you apply and pay. No other method of payment will be accepted.
For some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
Visa application centre
To complete the application process, you must book an appointment at the visa application centre in Kuwait. You can book, change or cancel an appointment online by using the VFS Global 'Scheduling an Appointment' service.You must present your completed visa application form and supporting documents in person at the visa application centre in Kuwait. You will not be required to give your biometric data.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to the visa application centre in person, and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you pay your fee at the visa application centre, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful. You can find the address of the visa application centre on the VFS Global in Kuwait website.
When you attend your appointment, you must bring:
- the printout of your completed online visa application form, signed by you;
- you are not legally required to have 6 months' validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photo guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page
- the correct visa application fee, if paying at the visa application centre; and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document (including English translations) - the supporting documents page contains more information
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
If you require more information about visas for Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, please contact the VFS Global call centre. You can find their contact details on the VFS Global in Kuwait website.
Do it online
News & updates
- Photograph guidancePDF 634KBopens in a new window