Visas for Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories from Indonesia
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Indonesia to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories. Our visa application centres in Indonesia accept visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- Antiqua and Barbuda
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Dominica, Commonwealth of
- Falkland Islands
- Gambia, The
- St Kitts-Nevis
- St Lucia
- Trinidad & Tobago*
- Turks & Caicos
Please note, those with an * also require a forwarding fee.
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn. All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts.
If you want to travel to any other country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision. In some circumstances a country may choose to charge an additional fee if they have to correspond with you directly.
How to apply
If travelling to a Commonwealth country or British overseas territory, you must complete and submit a visa application form. You can complete and submit the application form online.
If you apply online, you will need to print out and sign your completed form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later.
When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.
You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.
Paying your visa application fee
You can pay your visa application fee in cash (Indonesian Rupiah), when you attend your appointment at the visa application centre. Please ensure that you get an official receipt.
You can also pay your visa application fee at some designated branches of Standard Chartered Bank in Jakarta (Kebon Jeruk, Kelapa Gading, Kemang, Pondok Indah and Sudirman), service charges do not apply. Fees paid at Standard Chartered Banks are valid for 30 days provided your visa application is submitted within this period. Please bring your receipt from the Standard Chartered Bank to the visa application centre as proof of payment.
For some British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
Visa application centre
To complete the application process (even if you are applying online), you must book an appointment at the visa application centre in Indonesia. You can book, change or cancel an appointment online by using the VFS Global 'Booking an Appointment' service. You will not be required to give your biometric data.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to the visa application centre in person, and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you pay your fee at the visa application centre, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful. You can find the address of the visa application centre on the VFS Global in Indonesia website.
When you attend the application centre, you must bring:
- the printout of your completed online visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months' validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photo guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page;
- the correct visa application fee in cash (Indonesian Rupiah), if paying at the visa application centre; and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document (including English translations) - the Supporting documents page contains more information.
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
If you require more information about visas for the above Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, please contact the VFS Global call centre. You can find their contact details on the VFS Global in Indonesia website.
Do it online
News & updates
- Photograph guidance for applications made outside the UKPDF 334KBopens in a new window