Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Visas for British overseas territories from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea to British overseas territories.
The British Embassy in Pyongyang accepts visa applications on behalf of the following British Overseas territories:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- St Helena and Dependencies (Ascension Island & Tristan da Cunha)
- Turks and Caicos Islands
- Pitcairn Island
- British Antarctic Territory
- British Indian Ocean Territory
- South Georgia and South Sandwich
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn. All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- Prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision. In some circumstances a country may choose to charge an additional fee if they have to correspond with you directly.
How to apply
To apply for a visa, you must:
- complete a visa application form. (You will need to print out the form, complete it by hand in English and sign and date your completed form. You will find the relevant form on the Application forms page.)
- book an appointment to attend our visa application centre at the British Embassy in Pyongyang to submit your application form and any supporting documents
Your appointment at the visa application centre
When you attend your appointment, you will pay your visa application fee. You must bring:
- visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months' validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements set out in our photo guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page;
- the correct visa application fee in cash in Euro's and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application. You must provide the original documents. If you want us to return any documents to you, you should photocopy them and give us the photocopy as well as the original document. We will not return documents to you if they have not been photocopied.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to the visa application centre in person, at the time and date of your appointment, and bring all the necessary documents with you. When you pay your visa application fee, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful.
If your application needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request.
If you require more information about visas for the above Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, please contact the British Embassy in Pyongyang. You can find their contact details on the British Embassy in Pyongyang website.