Visas for Commonwealth countries and British Overseas Territory from Colombia
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Colombia to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories.
Our visa application centre in Bogota accepts visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Turks and Caicos
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Sierra Leone
- Sri Lanka
- St Lucia
- St Vincent/Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn. All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts. If you want to travel to any other country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision. In some circumstances a country may choose to charge an additional fee if they have to correspond with you directly.
How to apply
If travelling to a British overseas territory or Commonwealth country, you must complete and submit a visa application form and complete your visa application online.
When you apply online, you will need to print out and sign your completed form. If you do not have access to a printer when you apply, you will be able to log in and print out the form later. When you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number (also known as a 'GWF reference'). Please make a note of this number.
You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.
Paying your visa application fee
You can only pay online for your visa application fee using a visa or mastercard credit or debit card. We are unable to accept any other type of credit cards such as American Express.
For some commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees can be paid in cash at the visa application centre. The UK Border Agency in Bogotá may also contact youto request that the additional fee should be paid using a bank transfter if it has not been paid at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
Visa application centre
To complete the application process, you can either attend your appointment at the visa application centre in Bogota or you can send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You will not be required to provide your biometric information. Please ensure to inform our staff that you are applying for a Commonwealth or Overseas Territories visa and are not applying to travel to the UK.
We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful.
When you attend your appointment or send your application, you should ensure that you bring or send:
- the printout of your completed online visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport. You are not legally required to have 6 months' validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements in our photograph guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page;
- Evidence of online payment; and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application and a photocopy of each document including English translations - the Supporting documents page contains more information.
The address to which you should send your documents is:
UK Border Agency
Carrera 9 No 76-49
If your application for a visa to a Commonwealth Country or Overseas Territory needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request since we are bound by those Countries' rules and regulations.
If you require more information about visas for the above Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, please contact the WorldBridge call centre. You can find their contact details on the WorldBridge in Colombia website.
Do it online
News & updates
- Photograph guidance for applications made outside the UKPDF 334KBopens in a new window