Visas for Commonwealth countries and British Overseas Territory from Bolivia
This page explains how you can apply for a visa if you want to travel from Bolivia to some Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories. Our visa application centre in La Paz accepts visa applications on behalf of the following countries:
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- Turks and Ciaos Island
- Bahamas (Nassau)
- St Lucia
- St Vincent and the Grenadines
- Sri Lanka
- Trinidad & Tobago
You can apply for a visa to St. Kitts and Nevis online using the following website: evisa.gov.kn. All visa fees are paid on arrival in St. Kitts. If you want to travel to any other country that is not on the list above, you must contact that country's nearest embassy or diplomatic post to find out whether and how you need to apply for a visa.
Before you apply
Before you apply, you must:
- prepare your supporting documents - you will need to provide all the necessary supporting documents for your application;
- check the visa application fee. We charge a fee for handling applications on behalf of other countries and we may also charge a forwarding fee if we have to refer your visa application to the country to make a decision. In some circumstances a country may choose to charge an additional fee if they have to correspond with you directly.
How to apply
If travelling to a Commonwealth country or British overseas territory, you must complete and submit a visa application form. You must complete and submit the application form online.
As part of the online application process, you must use the appointment calendar to book an appointment at the British Embassy in La Paz. After you have completed your online application, you will receive an email message containing your application number. Please make a note of this number for future reference.
You can find the online application form under 'Do it online' on the right side of this page.
Paying your visa application fee
You can only pay your visa application fee by online payment using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card. We are unable to accept any other type of credit cards such as American express.
For some commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, visa applications may need to be referred to the territory you intend to visit. Where a visa application has to be referred to a British overseas territory for a decision, an additional fee is charged. Any referral fees must be paid in cash at the visa application centre. In cases of referral, the waiting period for approval may take up to 2 months or longer, depending on the country. The UK Border Agency cannot guarantee that the visas will be issued on time.
Visa application centre
To complete the application process, you must present your completed visa application form and supporting documents in person at the visa application centre in Bolivia. You will not be required to give your biometric data if you are applying for a visa to a Commonwealth country or to a British Overseas Territory.
You cannot send your printed application form or supporting documents by post. You must come to the visa application centre in person, and bring all the necessary documents with you. If you pay your fee at the visa application centre, we will give you a receipt. We will not refund the fee if your application is unsuccessful.
When you attend your appointment, you must bring:
- the printout of your completed online visa application form, signed by you;
- your passport.You are not legally required to have 6 months validity on your passport at the time you apply for your visa. But your passport must be valid at the time you apply and at the time you arrive in the UK;
- 1 recent passport-sized (45mm x 35mm) colour photograph of your face, which meets the requirements in our photograph guidance, which you can download from the right side of this page;
- evidence of online payment; and
- any supporting documents relevant to your application. You must provide the original documents, translated into English. If you want us to return any documents to you, you should photocopy them and give us the photocopy as well as the original document.
If your application for a visa to a Commonwealth Country or Overseas Territory needs to be referred, you may have to wait 2 months or longer (depending on the country) for a decision on your visa application. We cannot guarantee that your visa will be issued by the date you request since we are bound by those Countries' rules and regulations.
If you require more information about visas for the above Commonwealth countries and British overseas territories, please contact the WorldBridge call centre. You can find their contact details on the WorldBridge in Bolivia website.
Do it online
News & updates
- Photograph guidancePDF 634KBopens in a new window