How do I sponsor a migrant worker?
Sponsorship management system
This section explains the sponsorship management system (SMS) for licensed sponsors.
What is SMS?
SMS is a secure IT system which enables licensed sponsors to manage their licence.
Only licensed sponsors have access to SMS. Log in from the 'do it online' link on the right side of this page.
How do I use SMS?
There are six SMS guides to help you complete all functions within system. Below are the links to the guides and a description of the functions covered. All guides also include a common introduction section setting out who can access SMS, how to perform common functions such as searching and navigating, and tips and advice on using the system.
You must only have one instance (tab or window) open at any one time. You may see error messages or experience system anomalies if SMS is running in more than one tab or window.
Last updated: 15 August 2013
- Log in for the first time
- Reset your password
- Create/request, amend and deactivate users (Level 1 and 2)
- View current and archived messages posted by us
- View and request changes to your licence details, including surrendering your licence in one or more tiers and categories
- Replace and amend your Authorising Officer (AO)
- Replace and amend your Key Contact (KC)
- View and withdraw recent and outstanding requests for change
- Renew your annual allocation of CAS and CoS and request an increase of your CAS and CoS allocation
- View important information about your licence, such as: licence start date; licence end date; licence renewal opening date, allocation details etc
- Renew your licence
- Apply for and renew Premium customer service
- Apply for and renew Highly Trusted Sponsor (HTS) status
- Manage your action plan details and payments, and track the progress of an action plan
- Track the status of your licence renewals, premium customer service applications and renewal, and HTS applications and renewals
- Create and assign individual and batches of CAS
- Create and assign CAS using Bulk Data Transfer (BDT)
- View individual and batches of CAS
- Link and unlink CAS to/from groups
- Print CAS
- Transfer ownership of individual and batches of CAS
- Report migrant activity individually or in bulk (using BDT)
- Update fees, individually or in bulk (using BDT)
- Add and update a sponsor note
- Withdraw an unused CAS
- Add, remove and amend study addresses
- Export CAS records
- Create and assign individual, groups and batches of CoS
- View individual, groups and batches of CoS
- Link and unlink CoS from/to batches and groups
- Print CoS
- View the status history and activity history of CoS
- Transfer ownership of individual, groups and batches of CoS
- Report migrant activity
- Add and update sponsor notes
- Withdraw an unused CoS
- Add, remove and amend work addresses
- Apply for restricted CoS
- Create and assigning restricted CoS (once applied for and granted)
- View and withdraw applications awaiting a decision
- View previously refused, withdrawn or rejected applications
Do it online
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Four arrested in Surrey illegal working operations
- Illegal workers arrested in North East London
- Berkshire business facing fine
- Four arrested in Oxfordshire illegal working operation