Sponsoring migrant workers under the points-based system
This section explains the role of employers within the points-based system.
The concept of sponsorship is at the heart of the points-based system. If you want to employ a migrant worker, you must be their sponsor during their stay in the UK (unless they are coming here for 6 months or less in certain circumstances). And before you can sponsor a migrant, you must obtain a sponsor licence.
Here you can find out whether you can be a sponsor, how to apply for a sponsor licence, how you can sponsor migrants when you have a licence, and what your duties are as a sponsor.
Full details of how you can obtain a sponsor licence and sponsor migrant workers under the points-based system.
An introduction to the points-based system, plus summaries of the role of sponsors and the process of sponsorship.
MORE NEWS AND UPDATES
- Tier 4 sponsor guidance republished
- Ten illegal workers caught at restaurant
- Four arrested in Surrey illegal working operations
- Illegal workers arrested in North East London
- Employing a Croatian national in the UKPDF 63KB opens in a new window