Campsfield House immigration removal centre
Address and contact information
Campsfield House immigration removal centre
Telephone and fax
Tel: 01865 233600
Fax: 01865 233723
Campsfield House is a long-term centre where detainees are accommodated, pending their case resolutions and subsequent removal from the United Kingdom.
UK Border Agency manager: Helen Morgan
No time restrictions, free access for both colleagues and drop offs.
Bed spaces: 216 for male detainees.
- A well equipped library where detainees have access to an array of books, papers and other reading material;
- internet access;
- playstation and games room;
- pool and table-tennis room;
- sports hall and also a gymnasium where equipment is provided for use;
- multi-purpose room which caters for different venues including, drama workshops, arcade games, and also features a large drop down screen to enable en-masse viewing of movies and sports events;
- outside activities include cricket, football and volleyball. There is also a small garden area which is well tended by the detainees;
- chapel, Muslim prayer room and multi faith room;
- education facilities - English, arts and crafts and IT;
- a variety of classes that may interest the detainees including art, written and oral English and drama; and
- 24-hour medical care is provided on site, local GP visits daily Mon- Fri and has an on-call service. There is no hospital care available which means the facilities do not cater for severe medical cases, referral is therefore required (to the duty manager) of any special needs criteria before allocating at Campsfield.
Paid work opportunities
There are paid work opportunities available. Posts include kitchen assistants, dining room assistants, library assistants, classroom assistants, buddies, cleaners and painters. Shifts vary depending on the type of work.
Campsfield House is situated north of Oxford in the village of Kidlington. The centre is best reached by road and is signposted from both the A4260 Kidlington to Banbury road and the A44 Oxford to Woodstock Road.
From the north
Travel south on the M40 and leave at Junction 9, following the signs to Oxford A34. From the dual carriageway follow signs to Kidlington. Crossing over the A34, take the first exit at the roundabout. Turn right at the first traffic lights, sign-posted Kidlington. At the end of this road, turn right at the traffic lights. Continue on this road, past the next 2 sets of lights, through Kidlington. Pass over the canal bridge (The Wise Alderman Pub is immediately on your left) and turn left at the traffic lights following signs for Campsfield House. Go straight over the roundabout. Turn left into Campsfield House (ambulance station at top of the lane) and continue to the end of the lane.
From the south
Travel North on the M40 and leave at Junction 8, sign-posted Oxford. Follow the Oxford Ring Road north and turn onto the A44 Evesham/Woodstock. Follow the A44 through Yarnton and Begbroke. At Begbroke there is a roundabout with 'The Royal Sun' on the left - go straight across and after ¼ mile look for signs for Oxford airport and Campsfield House. Turn right into Langford Lane. At the ambulance station turn right and continue to the end of the drive.
How to get there
- car parking is available and is free;
- public transport bus links are limited;
- taxi cabs are available outside the train station; and
- there is also a free bus service between Oxford train station and the centre which runs from 1300 to 2100.
0900 to 2100, pre-booking of interview room required
Tel 01865 233600
Visiting hours daily 14:00 to 17:00 and 19:00 to 21:00 (inclusive of weekends)
Visitors attending the centre will need to book 24 hours in advance and provide photographic ID (such as a passport or driving licence) and a utility bill on arrival. Visitors will be subject to search procedures and fingerprinting. They will also have their photograph taken. Food and drink is not permissible in the visits hall. Automated snacks and drinks machines are available.
0900 to 2100, pre-booking of interview room required.
Please call 01865 233600
UK Border Agency staff on-site 0700 to 1900. Visiting UK Border Agency staff are requested to contact the team on arrival.
Detention services now operates a policy which restricts the amount of baggage detainees can have in the centre.