Our agency 2015 change programme
The UK Border Agency has begun a major internal change programme called 'Our agency 2015'. The programme is building the agency's ability to make lasting improvements in its performance in 2012-15.
The programme will deliver changes that combine to enable us to achieve our vision for 2015:
To be a highly competent, continuously improving organisation which controls migration for the benefit of the UK, making correct decisions on who may visit or stay, and deterring, stopping or removing those who have no right to be here, in a way that affords value for money for the taxpayer.
The performance of the agency is reviewed annually by an independent chief inspector of borders and immigration.
UK Border Agency mission statement
- The UK Border Agency's primary aim is to protect the UK public.
- People abusing the UK's immigration law can expect effective decisions and enforcement and prosecution against them.
- By enabling legitimate travel, our work also supports economic growth.
- Legitimate travellers and migrants, and genuine refugees, can expect a good service from us.
- We reduce costs and improve performance.
- We work together efficiently and collaboratively, as one agency and with partners.
- We regulate migration in line with the law and government policy.
- We will build a justified reputation with the public and Parliament for continuous improvement and high professional standards of competence.