Super premium service
This page describes our 'super premium' service for applications to extend an applicant's stay in the UK.
What is the super premium service?
If you use the super premium service:
- a courier will collect your application forms and documentation;
- our officers will visit you to enrol your biometric information (fingerprints and facial photograph) and obtain your signature; and
- we will make a decision on your application within 24 hours of enrolling your biometric information.
We will arrange to visit you:
- at a location of your choice; and
- at a convenient time for you (between 10:00 and 15:00, Monday to Friday).
To request or amend a visit you must give us at least 3 working days notice.
|Visit day||Last working day to book or change an appointment
We use a range of equipment to enrol your biometric information, the location for the visit must have:
- a private room with good light (either natural or electric lighting);
- a power supply; and
- a table or desk where equipment can be placed.
We will confirm your appointment slot within 2 working days of the initial contact form being received.
All applicants that are providing their biometric information must arrive on time for their appointment.
How much does it cost?
The fee for the service is £6,000, plus the 'premium service' (applying in person) fee for your application type. We will limit the service to a maximum of 4 main applicants and a maximum of 10 people per visit.
If your application is part of a bulk transaction and has been submitted outside the normal collection agreement times you must pay by bankers draft.
Who can use the super premium service?
If you want to use the super premium service, you must first satisfy yourself that you meet the requirements for the category under which you are applying under.
You can use the super premium service if you are applying to extend your stay (known as 'limited leave to remain') or to settle permanently ( known as 'indefinite leave to remain') in the UK.
You cannot use the super premium service if you are:
- a person who has been given discretionary leave to remain or humanitarian protection;
- a person with a poor immigration history;
- applying for permanent residence on the basis of 10 or 14 years' residence;
- a business person;
- an innovator;
- a sole representative;
- a seaman;
- a Gurkha;
- an elderly dependant;
- applying under Tier 1 (Entrepreneur); or
- applying for British citizenship.
How to apply for the super premium service
If you would like to use the super premium service you must contact our mobile coordinators on 020 8196 3893. Our mobile coordinators will send you an initial contact form to complete.
The details you must provide are:
- your full name, date of birth, nationality, address and Home Office reference number (if known);
- the full name, date of birth, nationality, address and Home Office reference number (if known) of any dependants included on your application;
- the name, organisation, address and contact details of your representative (if you have one);
- contact details for the collection of your application form;
- the address and contact details for the biometric enrolment visit;
- the parking facilities available at the location for the biometric enrolment visit; and
- the facilities available for setting up equipment at the location for the biometric enrolment visit.
You must return your completed contact form within 2 days of being received or your appointment, booked at the time of your call, will be cancelled. If you do not return your form within 2 days we will not contact you about the cancellation of your appointment.
If you want us to enrol your biometric information at a residential address, you must provide details of any residents other than you and your dependants. If you want us to enrol your biometric information at an organisation's address, you must provide the name of the organisation.
In some circumstances, we might need to ask for other documents in addition to those listed on your application form and we advise you not to make any non-urgent travel arrangements before you submit your application.
Our mobile coordinators will then tell you the next steps to take. You must not submit your application form until they have confirmed that you can proceed.
Biometrics is the science of using digital technology to recognise a person from a physical characteristic (for example a fingerprint or iris pattern of the eye) or another unique personal characteristic (for example a voice pattern or handwriting). These characteristics are your biometric information.
Indefinite leave to remain (often known as 'ILR' and 'settlement') is permission to remain in the UK without any time restrictions on the length of stay. It is not the same as naturalisation as a British citizen and may, in specific circumstances, be ceased or invalidated, for example, if a fraudulent application is uncovered, if the person resides outside of the UK for more than 2 years or as a result of a criminal conviction that results in a Deportation Order coming into force.
Permission to stay in the United Kingdom temporarily, for the length of time stated on your visa.
- Biometric residence permits - application processPDF 186KB opens in a new window