Rules in place for public enquiry offices
This page explains the rules you are expected to follow while visiting our public enquiry offices.
We do not:
- tolerate violence or verbal abuse - customers acting in a threatening or abusive way will be removed from the building;
- allow the use of cameras, tape recorders or any other type of audio or visual recording devices in the public enquiry office;
- allow visitors to carry or consume non-prescription drugs or alcohol in the public enquiry office; or
- allow dogs in the public enquiry office, except guide dogs.
We have a duty of care towards our staff and members of the public visiting our premises. Therefore all members of the public visiting the offices will be searched for security reasons. You will not be allowed to bring in sharp objects, dangerous or hazardous materials or anything that could be used as a weapon.
Any items we believe to be potentially dangerous will be removed by our security guards before you can enter the office. These may include:
- nails files;
- ceremonial swords; and
- flammable materials.
We recognise your right to wear or carry religious symbols such as large crucifixes or ceremonial swords but the safety of staff and other visitors must take precedence. If you are carrying religious symbols of this kind, we will treat you with sensitivity. We can keep a ceremonial sword safely for you while you are in the office and return it when you leave.
- Our customer service aims: notice displayed at public enquiry officesPDF 60KB opens in a new window
Belfast public enquiry office
Drumkeen House, 1 Drumkeen Complex, Upper Galwally, Belfast BT8 6TB
Cardiff public enquiry office
General Buildings, Ground floor, 31-33 Newport Road, Cardiff, Wales CF24 0AB
Croydon public enquiry office
Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY
Glasgow public enquiry office
Festival Court, 200 Brand Street, Govan, Glasgow G51 1DH
Liverpool public enquiry office
The Capital Building, 6 Union Street, Liverpool L3 9AF (L3 9AF for satellite navigation devices or google map only)
Sheffield public enquiry office
Vulcan House, Riverside Entrance, 6 Millsands, Sheffield S3 8NU
Solihull public enquiry office
Dominion Court, 41 Station Road, Solihull, Birmingham B91 3RT